Chicken and rice.. Chicken and rice..
I know. I hear you.
So today I’m going to share with you a brand new muscle building recipe which will shake up your diet and add a bit of variety to your teatime.
That way, when you’re smashing the free workouts on my website you have something nice n’ tasty to come home to!
Today’s ‘Russipe’ (see what I did there?) is sausage gratin.
This dish features plenty of protein, as well as a good serving of carbohydrates which come courtesy of bodybuilding favourites broccoli and cauliflower.
Before we get stuck into the meal prep, here are is the nutritional breakdown of today’s muscle building meal.
This recipe will give you enough food for 4 servings. Each serving is 1/4 of the dish. The macronutrients below are for 1 serving.
- 450g sausages
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 450g broccoli florets
- 225g cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 cup (16 tbsp) reduced fat sour cream
- 113g cheese (grated)
- 55g butter
- ¼ cup thyme
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Chop all of your veggies and sausages.
- Load up two separate pans your butter in one.
- Fry onion and vegetables in your pan with butter and the sausages in the other.
- Put the vegetables into a baking dish, blend the mustard with the sour cream and pour over the vegetables.
- Add the sausage and cheese on top and season the dish with thyme.
- Bake in oven on upper rack for 20 minutes.
For more of my muscle building and/or fat loss recipes, get here.
Be sure to jump on my free email list below to get emails with new training and diet tips as they are released.