Time for a brand new muscle building recipe (or should I say “Russipe”).
Today we are making one of my old favourites – Muscle Burgers!
These delicious high protein bad boys are a great way to hit your protein requirements when training hard in the gym.
If you’re following the workouts on my site, you’ll appreciate these tasty little tomato turkey burgers come the end of the day!
As an extra plus-point, they’ll also serve up a decent dose of fiber and complex carbohydrates to keep you feeling full of energy after your hard day at the Iron Paradise.
Ready to get started?
Let’s begin! You’ll find all the instructions below on how to make Muscle Burgers.
This recipe will give you enough food for 4 servings. 1 serving is 1 burger in a bun. The macronutrients below are for 1 serving.
- 450g lean ground turkey
- 85g low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 diced tomato
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 slices cucumber
- 4 tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- 4 wholewheat buns (optional)
- Combine your garlic, ground turkey, grated cheese, tomato, and salsa and mix thoroughly.
- Form the mixture into four patties.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on a medium heat.
- Cook the patties for 5 minutes per side, or until done.
- Remove from skillet and stick patties in buns.
- Add mayonnaise and cucumber for extra flavour.
For more of my muscle building and/or fat loss recipes, get here.
Be sure to jump on my free email list below to get emails with new training and diet tips as they are released.